For big ideas ready to break outConnect
ON is Australia’s sci-tech innovation accelerator dedicated to unearthing amazing research and steering it towards high potential innovative ventures. Established by CSIRO in 2015, ON specialises in assisting researchers from the fields of science and technology working on projects that have the potential to shape Australia’s future.
All teams must have at least one team member from a eligible University or publicly funded research agency.
Step 1: An online application
Each team is required to fill out an online application form on the ON Application portal and include a business model canvas and an optional video. Remember that you must have an eligible university or PFRA email address to apply. Generic email addresses (i.e Gmail, Live etc) cannot be used.
Step 2: Online evaluation
Once the application date has closed, online evaluation will commence and the highest rated applications will be invited to participate in ON Prime. Successful teams will be notified approximately two weeks after the application closing date. Applicants who do not successfully progress to ON Prime will be provided with access to detailed feedback from the evaluation process to help them refine and continue to work on their sci-tech ideas.
Applications are evaluated by a team of CSIRO and external experts in commercialisation and investment, against the following key criteria:
- evidence of impact potential and market opportunity
- competitive strength – technology readiness level and IP position
- team strength – diversity, ability to be coached, multidisciplinary and cross-organisation
- evidence of traction relevant to the program being applied for.
- ON Prime 5 opens for applications on 18th June 2018.
- ON Prime Information Session in Canberra will be scheduled in July 2018.
- ON Prime 5 application closes on 13th July 2018.