Helping entrepreneurs through COVID-19
The Canberra Innovation Network stands behind the massive community efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19 and recognises the challenges everyone must be facing. We have collected a toolkit of resources and information for our community.
Stay up to date
Find out about the latest grants and support from both federal and territory governments about how you can continue operating throughout this pandemic.
Talk to us
Book an appointment and have a chat with our SME Director. They can help you do a business health check and explore innovative ideas that will help you pivot your business throughout this period.
Be ahead of the curve
There are weekly webinars and frequent online events on offer. Refresh your mind and learn how to innovate from Canberra’s leading entrepreneurs.
Entrepreneurs make a difference
Startups and innovative companies in Canberra have moved quickly to make a difference during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Read more about the businesses and initiatives that are making an impact, in all sorts of different ways.
Information & Resources
- COVID-19 Business Support Grant – Employing (up to $10,000)
- COVID-19 Business Support Grant – Non-employing (up to $4,000)
Support of up to $10,000 for employing businesses and up to $4,000 for non-employing businesses over the lockdown period where those businesses’ turnover has declined by 30 per cent or more as a result of the COVID-19 public health measures.
- COVID-19 Small Business Hardship Support
Relief from payroll tax, rates and other ACT Government payments where a business experiences hardship due to lockdown.
- ACT Government – Supporting local businesses and the economy
- Business.gov.au – Coronavirus information and support for business
- Treasury.gov.au – Economic Response to the Coronavirus
- Australian Taxation Office – Support for businesses and employers
- Tourism Australia – Support and assistance for the tourism industry
Scott Leggo is an artist and entrepreneur with words of advice for Canberra as an Adaptive City10 June 2021
Creative entrepreneur Irene Lemon says the economy, our communities and a bright future all depend on creators, performers and entertainers.25 May 2021
“The disruption of COVID-19 can provide a catalyst for innovation for clever entrepreneurs and established businesses alike,” says CEO, Petr Adamek.7 September 2020