Research to Impact
- March 13 - May 1, 2019
- 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Canberra Innovation Network, Level 5, 1 Moore Street Canberra City
Increase impact of your research and industry engagement using entrepreneurial methods
The Research to Impact program is an intensive program for entrepreneurial researchers introducing practical tools that help you to take your idea out of the lab, engage with industry, and find new opportunities.
As a researcher (from HDR student to professor) you may be frustrated by the difficulty of finding ways to translate your idea / technology / knowledge into meaningful engagement outside the lab. You may be frustrated by limited career options, low funding, limited opportunities to engage industry and the wider community.
We use lean innovation methods developed for startups and proven to work for Researchers to:
- Show you practical new ways to think about innovation that will enable you to better engage the community
- Help you create real collaborative conversations with industry that can lead to opportunities
- Challenge you with fast-paced real-world tasks
- Empower you to explore new options for your career, industry engagement and commercialising your inventions
- Give you new tools to connect and explain your Idea
Research to Impact is four half-day workshops plus homework challenges over two months:
- Workshop 1: Value proposition for big impact (homework: exploration conversations) – 12th March 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 2: Innovation essentials and finding market need(homework: value proposition conversations) – 27th March 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 3: Business models, value chain and collaboration (homework: partner conversations) – 10th April 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 4: Pitching for outcomes – 1st May 1pm – 4:30pm
Who can benefit?
- Researchers from masters to senior academics who:
- are interested in exploring new ways to have impact or engage externally.
- don’t have to have a team or a specific invention.
- can commit to 4 half-day workshops and working on assignments in between
Research to Impact program is delivered by experienced entrepreneurs that you will have access to as program facilitators and mentors:
- Dr Craig Davis, GM Growth Programs – scientist and successful entrepreneur
- Petr Adamek, CEO, CBRIN – entrepreneur and leading innovation expert
- Richard Hume, Startup Growth Advisor – entrepreneur and sales expert
- Zachary Sequoia, Launch Factory – entrepreneur and design/usability expert
- Irene Zhen, Growth Programs
Parking (paid) is available at the City West Carpark, located on Allsop Street.
To get to Canberra Innovation Network, exit the CityWest Carpark through to Marcus Clarke Street, then turn right onto Alinga Street. Enter the ACT Health Building at the corner of Alinga and Moore Street. The CBR Innovation Network is on Level 5.
Light refreshments will be provided.