Research to Impact Program
- March 12, 2020
- 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
- Canberra Innovation Network - Level 5, 1 Moore St Canberra, ACT 2601
- 02 6162 1149
Increase impact of your research and industry engagement using entrepreneurial methods
The Research to Impact program is one day workshop for entrepreneurial researchers introducing practical tools that help you to take your idea out of the lab, engage with industry, and find new opportunities.
As a researcher (from HDR student to professor) you may be frustrated by the difficulty of finding ways to translate your idea / technology / knowledge into meaningful engagement outside the lab. You may be frustrated by limited career options, low funding, limited opportunities to engage industry and the wider community.
We use lean innovation methods developed for startups and proven to work for Researchers to:
- Show you practical new ways to think about innovation that will enable you to better engage the community
- Help you create real collaborative conversations with industry that can lead to opportunities
- Challenge you with fast-paced real-world tasks
- Empower you to explore new options for your career, industry engagement and commercialising your inventions
- Give you new tools to connect and explain your research
This one-day intensive will cover:
- Research Innovation Essentials
- Finding Market Need and Your Big Impact
- Value Chain and Collaboration
- Pitching for Outcomes
Who can benefit?
- Researchers from masters to senior academics who:
- are interested in exploring new ways to have impact or engage externally.
- don’t have to have a team or a specific invention.
Research to Impact program is delivered by experienced entrepreneurs that you will have access to as program facilitators and mentors:
- Dr Craig Davis, GM Growth Programs
- Petr Adamek, CEO, CBRIN
- Richard Hume, Startup Growth Advisor
- Zachary Sequoia, Launch Factory
- Irene Zhen, Growth Programs
Light refreshments will be provided.
Do I need to have a specific idea or invention?
No – while we do work with researchers at this stage, this workshop is to help empower all researchers who are interested in having more impact.
What parking is available?
Parking is available at the City West Carpark, located on Allsop Street. There is also limited street parking around the building.
Where are we located?
Find us on Level 5, 1 Moore street (The ACT Health Building) on the corner of Alinga and Moore Street. Use the elevators to come up to Level 5.
How can I find out about more events like this?
Subscribe to our Newsletter to keep up to date with innovation news and events.
At the Canberra Innovation Network, the safety and wellbeing of our team, those we work with and the community is our highest priority. We are following the advice from the Australian Government, please take these guidelines into consideration before attending our events.
In an event of cancellation, an email will be sent out to all registered on eventbrite. Check our Facebook page for any updates.