Research to Impact Webinar – Session 1
- July 9, 2020
- 2:00 pm to 3:30pm
- 02 6162 1149
(This is the first workshop in a two part series – register for the second workshop here.)
Increase the impact of your research and industry engagement using entrepreneurial methods.
Research to Impact is a two-part webinar series for researchers (PhD candidates and upwards) to introduce practical tools that help you take your research out of academia, engage with industry and find new opportunities.
As a researcher, you may be frustrated by the difficulty of finding ways to apply your research or ideas into meaningful results in the real world. The changing landscape has led to career challenges for early stage researchers and lower funding for research team leaders.
Advance your research by upskilling and enabling you to find answers about industry needs, how you can adapt to make you more prevalent in your field and attract the resources you need to take your projects forward.
We use lean innovation methods developed for startups and proven to work for Researchers to:
- Show you practical new ways to think about innovation that will enable you to better engage the community
- Help you create real collaborative conversations with industry that can lead to opportunities
- Challenge you with fast-paced real-world tasks
- Empower you to explore new options for your career, industry engagement and commercialising your inventions
- Give you new tools to connect and explain your research
Over the course of the two webinars, we will cover:
- Research innovation essentials
- Finding need and your big impact
- Value chain and collaboration
- Pitching for outcomes
Who can benefit?
Researchers from masters to senior academics who:
- are interested in exploring new ways to have impact or engage externally.
- don’t have to have a team or a specific invention.
Research to Impact program is delivered by experienced entrepreneurs that you will have access to as program facilitators and mentors:
Do I need to have a specific idea or invention?
No – while we do work with researchers at this stage, this workshop is to help empower all researchers who are interested in having more impact.
How can I find out about more events like this?
Subscribe to our Newsletter to keep up to date with innovation news and events.
At the Canberra Innovation Network, the safety and wellbeing of our team, those we work with and the community is our highest priority. We are following the advice from the Australian Government, please take these guidelines into consideration before attending our events.
In an event of cancellation, an email will be sent out to all registered on eventbrite. Check our Facebook page for any updates.