Idea to Impact
- July 17 - August 28, 2018
- 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Canberra Innovation Network - Level 5, 1 Moore Street Canberra 2601
Maximise Your Startup Business Impact
Entrepreneurs may be eligible for a $1500 discount for this program. Apply for the discount here.
Idea to Impact is an intensive program for entrepreneurs introducing practical tools to master the art of turning an ambitious idea into a high-growth high-impact business.
As an entrepreneur you may be frustrated by the amount of time, effort and money it takes to translate your idea from concept to meaningful impact.
Work with other like-minded entrepreneurs to master the practical art of lean innovation. Understand the critical importance of identifying and testing assumptions and learn how to do it in a very rapid and lean way.
We will challenge you with fast-paced real-world tasks to empower you to:
- Make faster progress using practical lean approaches
- Test your ideas and reduce mistakes
- Identify the right market opportunity
- Create an exciting value proposition and pitch it effectively
- Build the right prototype
- Find the right partners and funding
Idea to Impact is four half-day workshops plus homework challenges over two months:
- Workshop 1: Innovation essentials and finding market need (homework: exploration conversations) – 17th July 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 2: Value proposition for big impact (homework: value proposition conversations) – 31st July 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 3: Prototyping – build what customers need (homework: mockup tests) – 14th August 1pm – 4:30pm
- Workshop 4: Pitching for outcomes – 28th August 1pm – 4:30pm
- One on one follow-up session to determine your next steps
Who can benefit:
Entrepreneurs working on innovation at all stages:
- Searching for the right idea
- Got a great idea and in the early stages of creating a startup
- Angel or venture funded startups
- Established SMEs (augment your existing skills with new fast-growth innovation methods)
Idea to Impact is delivered by experienced entrepreneurs
- Dr Craig Davis – successful entrepreneur
- Petr Adamek – CBRIN CEO, entrepreneur and leading innovation expert
- Liz Kobold – SME business ninja
- Richard Hume – entrepreneur and sales expert
- Zachary Sequoia – entrepreneur and design/usability expert
- Irene Zhen, Business Growth Associate
Parking (paid) is available at the City West Carpark, located on Allsop Street.
To get to CBR Innovation Network, exit the CityWest Carpark through to Marcus Clarke Street, then turn right onto Alinga Street. Enter the ACT Health Building at the corner of Alinga and Moore Street. The CBR Innovation Network is on Level 5.