GRIFFIN Accelerator is a three-month intensive program that empowers entrepreneurs to get their startups moving fast and achieving sustainable business success.
The heart of this program is the mentors, who bring substantial experience in startups, investing, raising capital, sales, business development, and significant industry and investor networks.
The next cohort will open for applications in the
second half of 2024.
Book an intro meeting to find out more.
GRIFFIN Accelerator is championed by a group of experienced mentors who have led the way as founders and investors and are passionate about passing on their expertise and lessons learned to Canberra entrepreneurs. By joining the program, you gain access to a network of influential mentors who are eager to share their wisdom and help you navigate the challenging startup landscape.
GRIFFIN Accelerator Mentors collectively have extensive experience in R&D, research commercialsation, scaling a company, raising capital, sales, HR, product, and more. Mentors are also active investors, including the Australian Angel Investor of the Year, former chairs of Capital Angels, and early backers of many successful companies. Mentors also include founders of companies with a combined value of several billion dollars.
Canberra is a great place to build a startup, our ecosystem is small enough to be interconnected and collaborative, while large enough to have impressive impact and reach. You’ll get help connecting to customers, industry experts, investors and more.
At the end of the three months you can pitch to the mentors for up to $100k investment by the mentors.
You will also be invited to present at the Canberra Innovation Network Annual Investor Showcase with the opportunity to connect with 50+ local and interstate investors, Venture Funds and industry partners.
Seize the chance to make invaluable connections and fast-forward the success of your startup.
The core GRIFFIN Program is centered around value-add engagements with mentors and the program team while you work on your business. We also introduce key topics including:
- Engaging mentors, advisors, investors and other stakeholders
- Clarifying your purpose and goals
- Building good business habits
- Identifying and connecting with customers and partners
- Funding and driving growth
- Financial projections
- Culture and leadership
- Raising capital
- Company valuation and deal terms
You’ll make leaps and bounds progressing your business as the program drives you to set ambitious goals and supports you to make faster progress. Our team have accelerated hundreds of companies and will empower you to solve problems and find the best opportunities. Activities include:
- Weekly accountability sessions focusing on progress and problem solving
- Weekly seminars to introduce impactful content and engage you on key topics
- Dedicated desk for you and your team in the Canberra Innovation Network coworking space
- Frequent meetings with your mentors
- Connections with the broader mentor group
- End of program pitch – teams can pitch to the trust for investment
- Showcase to 50+ investors at the following year in March
GRIFFIN will support you to build long-term relationships with your mentors an investors to help you to continue to grow and navigate challenges after the program.
Benefits of the program
- Be empowered by a network of experienced mentors and passionate entrepreneurs
- Accelerated learning through relevant seminars led by experts
- Flexible program design to maximise your ability to make progress
- Access to 3 months in a collaborative coworking space at the Canberra Innovation Network
- Option to pitch for up to $100k investment from the mentors at the conclusion of the program
- Further access to purpose driven investors and high profile industry connections
Is the GRIFFIN Accelerator Program right for me?
- You have a great team/are a founder looking to grow your team
- You have an innovative competitive advantage and big market opportunity
- You’re looking for experienced mentorship
- You are currently raising/looking to raise capital
If this sounds like you, then you may be suitable!
What companies have participated in the GRIFFIN Accelerator?
See previous GRIFFIN Accelerator Program participants.
Are there conditions for joining the program?
If you are successful, you will agree to actively participate in the program, including weekly accountability sessions, weekly seminars, annual updates, and take part in key program events.
What are the key dates for the program?
- 7 August- Applications close
- 28 August – Shortlist pitch day
- 25 September – Program kick-off
- 27 November – Program conclusion and option to pitch for investment
- March 2024 – Canberra Innovation Network Annual Investor Showcase
What our teams say
Tim is a veteran of the startup world and his experience with capital raising and finding alternate sources of revenue has been key to the success of our company. He’s also one of the smartest and kindest people I know.
We are incredibly grateful to have Harry as a mentor for Viortec. His expertise in finance and business has been instrumental in shaping our business structure and strategy. Harry’s responsiveness, patience, and thorough explanations have been invaluable to us. We highly recommend Harry as a mentor and look forward to continuing to work with him. Thank you, Harry, for your unwavering support!
The best part of the program was the continuous access to high-quality mentors.
Brilliant program & people, it was the reason we decided to launch our business from Canberra, instead of Sydney (here we used to live and have more professional network and friends).
If anybody’s got an idea and wants to take it to market, think about two things: One is, just believe in it. Second, make sure you’ve got the right people around you because the input from everybody at CBRIN and the GRIFFIN Accelerator has really helped make this viable.
The greatest benefit of an accelerator program, like GRIFFIN, is that it provides you with a forcing function that causes you to focus on the immediate needs at hand to get your business to the next level for your customers.
The GRIFFIN Accelerator has been amazing and a great way to clearly articulate my business idea and strategy, meet great mentors and make some great connections.
Latest accelerator news
Check out the awesome networking events, hands-on programs and innovative workshops coming to the Canberra Innovation Network in 2024!19 December 2023
Want to know who will be part of the epic Innovation Showcase Pitch Competition lineup? Introducing Chris & Max from My Green Butler.14 November 2023
At this year’s Innovation Showcase, Canberra startups will go head-to-head in a high-intensity pitching competition judged by YOU. So, who will be part of this epic lineup? Introducing Zak from Dochrono.9 November 2023
Book a time to talk to us
We're here to help
Whatever stage your business is in, there are a range of opportunities in Canberra.
Find out about additional funding pathways, training & skill development opportunities and connect with a like-minded innovation community.
We value your feedback! Learning from customers is crucial, whether it’s a compliment, comment or complaint.
It’s really important for us to know what we’re doing well and what we can improve on.
If you have feedback on any of our programs or your user experience, please let us know.