Research to Impact Webinar
- 31 March 2022
- 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm
- Online: Zoom
Increase the impact of your research and industry engagement using entrepreneurial methods.
Research to Impact is a short webinar for researchers (PhD candidates and upwards) to introduce a practical tool that helps you take your research out of academia, engage with industry and find new opportunities.
As a researcher, you may be frustrated by the difficulty of finding ways to apply your research or ideas into meaningful results in the real world. The changing landscape has led to career challenges for early stage researchers and lower funding for research team leaders.
Join us for this practical webinar, and stimulate your thinking in how you can advance your projects, ideas and research by finding answers about industry needs, adapting to make you more prevalent in your field and even attract resources you need to take your projects forward.
We use lean innovation methods developed for startups and proven to work for researchers to:
- Show you practical new ways to think about innovation that will enable you to better engage the community
- Help you create real collaborative conversations with industry that can lead to opportunities
- Challenge you with fast-paced real-world tasks
- Empower you to explore new options for your career, industry engagement and commercialising your inventions
- Give you new tools to connect and explain your research
Over the course of the webinar, we will cover:
- Research innovation essentials
- Finding need and your big impact
Who can benefit?
Researchers from masters to senior academics who:
- are interested in exploring new ways to have impact or engage externally.
- don’t have to have a team or a specific invention.
Research to Impact program is delivered by experienced entrepreneurs that you will have access to as program facilitators and mentors: