- 21 July 2022
- Posted by: Canberra Innovation Network
- Categories: Event News, General News, Women in Innovation
On Tuesday 19 July 2022 the Canberra Innovation Network partnered with Women With Altitude to deliver Female Founders: Flourish, Thrive & Prosper, a fireside chat with Renee Beerwoth, Founder of Spinach Ventures.
Spinach Ventures was born to cultivate work cultures where people flourish, businesses thrive, and the community prospers. But as we all know, work and life are not without ups and downs. Renee candidly shared with us some of her biggest challenges, the things that helped her build her amazing team, and a few helpful tips she learnt along the way.
Here are some of our key takeaways:
- “Your second life begins when you realise you only have one” – quote by Raphaelle Giordano,
- Get curious! About your staff and people to see what drives them. Find the right people who align with your values
- Your staff might make different decisions than you, but if they value the same things your business will be in the right hands
- Going slow to go fast – find time to do the things that help recharge your battery to tackle tasks properly. Be aware of when it’s time to slow down as well.
- When seeking funding: again, it’s about finding the right people, who are aligned with your values and vision for the business. Focus on that rather than just on the money.
- Sometimes you need to choose your “energy allocation” amount vs your “time allocation”
If you’d like to learn more from Renee, come along to our FREE Lunch and Learn session on 8 September.