- 2 December 2021
- Posted by: Canberra Innovation Network
- Categories: Feature, General News
Sophie Wade from Apporetum has taken out the People’s Choice Award at the Canberra Innovation Network’s Innovation Showcase and $1,000 cash!
Apporetum makes application access auditing, reporting and compliance easy.
“It was wonderful to be included in such a diverse group of amazing Canberra Startups, the concept of a shark tank definitely unnerved me – but once on my feet I totally enjoyed the experience,” said Sophie Wade.
Sophie is Founder and CEO of Modern Methodologies, a team of highly experienced Consultants and Engineers that specialise in Identity and Access Management. They have developed Apporetum, an access management solution that re-invents the management and governance of access across your organisation.
The People’s Choice award was judged live by the audience tuning in to the Innovation Showcase and recieved 244 votes cast by the public.
“I asked for the people’s vote so I could take my team out for a big night to celebrate our achievements (starting with Karaoke at 88mph). My team started organising the event as soon as they won!” continued Sophie.
At the Innovation Showcase, 9 companies went head-to-head in a live shark-tank style pitching competition judged live by a panel of amazing corporate innovators made up of: Annabel Griffin, Partner at King & Wood Mallesons; Kavin Arnasalon, Federal Government & State Director at Optus; Rosanne Brand, Partner at PwC; and Todd Eagles, Group Manager at ActewAGL.
Each company had 90 seconds to pitch, followed by 2 and a half minutes of rapid fire questions from the Judges.
A huge congratulations and thank you to the line-up of incredible pitches:
- Rosella Street – Dilyar Barat
- MIIROKO – Claire Chesterton
- BoomBox2U – Dan Rawson
- Simply Lentils – Manjula Mishra
- Instaclustr – Peter Lilley
- Apporetum – Sophie Wade
- PPB Technology – Stephen Trowell
- Scott Leggo Gallery – Phillipa & Scott Leggo
- The Horse Rug Whisperer – Roz Pengilly
In addition to the People’s Choice award, each of the judges awarded a prize that reflected their own mission and values.
- Stephen Trowell from PPB Technology took home the World View Award and $500 awarded by King & Wood Mallesons
- Claire Chesterton of MIIROKO won the Challenger Spirit Award and $500 awarded by Optus
- Dilyar Barat at Rosella Street received the Make a Difference Award and $500 awarded by PwC
- Dan Rawson of BoomBox2U was presented the Future Spark Award and $500 awarded by ActewAGL
At the Canberra Innovation Network (CBRIN), we couldn’t be any more proud of this community of entrepreneurs. For their achievements. For their ingenuity. For the way they’ve faced down challenges and absolutely thrived. The Innovation Showcase is our way to celebrate the hardworking innovation and startup community in Canberra, highlighting those achievements and progress.
“CBRIN has cultivated a true community atmosphere full of all sorts of experienced people with great connections – all you have to do is engage and draw down on their assistance,” said Sophie.
Missed the broadcast? Check out the video below!
The Innovation Showcase 2021 was made possible by the support of the ACT Government.