- 5 October 2021
- Posted by: Canberra Innovation Network
- Category: Innovation Connect Grant
Do you have a brilliant idea that needs some investment in order to come to life?
The Innovation Connect Grant (ICON) could be just the thing for you. ICON offers eligible entrepreneurs and startups an opportunity to apply for a competitive, matched-funded grant of between $10,000 – $30,000 to help get their innovative projects to the next level.
The grant will fund innovative ideas, products, and services, primarily to develop a prototype or prove their technical or commercial viability, and secondarily to assist with market testing and developing a go-to-market plan, software, hardware, and professional services.
Your Expression of Interest
The EOI is your opportunity to show the panel your high-level value proposition. This includes:
- Who is your customer?
- What is the problem your customer is experiencing?
- How does your solution solve your customer’s problem?
- How is your product/service different from competing solutions and the status quo?
- What are the key milestones for your business over the next 12 months?
- What would you spend the grant funds on?
Every entrepreneur and startup interested in applying will need to book an intro meeting with the Canberra Innovation Network to discuss the fit of their venture and idea with the grant’s purpose. Eligible entrepreneurs will be invited to submit an Expression of Interest, which includes a 60-second video pitch.
Funding for the ICON grant is currently open, with applications closing on Monday 1st November 2021.