- 16 January 2019
- Posted by: Canberra Innovation Network
- Categories: General News, Innovation Connect Grant
The second round of the Innovation Connect (ICON) Grant is now open for 2019! If you’re looking for an opportunity and a little assistance to get your idea up and running, then come and talk to us about how this grant might be suitable for you.
This is a matched-funding competitive grant that provides eligible entrepreneurs, who want to demonstrate a proof of concept or build a prototype, an opportunity to seek funding between $10,000 – $30,000.
“We are holding a free information session on Tuesday 12th February, this is a great opportunity for interested entrepreneurs to ask questions, engage with the Canberra Innovation Network team and find out more about how this grant can help them to make an impact.” Arthur Pappas, Growth Associate and ICON Lead, Canberra Innovation Network
Information Session Details:
12.00pm – 1.00pm
Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Canberra Innovation Network
Level 5, 1 Moore Street Canberra City
Late last year, ICON held its first round under the new partnership between the Canberra Innovation Network and the ACT Government which led to six emerging entrepreneurs, working on six new incredible ideas, receiving funding.
Successful Grant Recipients for 2018-19: Round 1;
- Brivvio – instant beautiful branded videos that enables marketers to professionally publish branded video content anywhere, anytime.
- Carbon Adaptive – developing high performing crutches that are low weight, durable and enabling patients to get around easier.
- Equilibri Balance Ball – aims to improve balance in older people with impaired balance to reduce their risk of falls and increase quality of life by allowing them to remain independent longer.
- Polibase – creating a more efficient way for government to collect and analyse new legislation, policy and updates through machine learning.
- PPB Technology – changing the way the world tests food to combat false or misleading information.
- Solar Blox – combines all the elements of a solar energy system into a lightweight, portable product.
Every entrepreneur and startup, who is interested in applying, will need to book an intro meeting with a Growth Advisor from the Canberra Innovation Network to discuss the fit of their venture and idea with the grant’s purpose. Eligible entrepreneurs will be invited to submit an Expression of Interest, including a 60 second video pitch.
An Intro Meeting can be booked here.