- March 26, 2019
- Posted by: Canberra Innovation Network
- Category: General News, GRIFFIN Accelerator
Every year, the GRIFFIN Accelerator sees a new cohort of driven and ambitious entrepreneurs, who set out to make an impact and change the world.
GRIFFIN is for the trailblazers, this intensive 3-month program is designed to challenge and test your idea, help you mature as a founder, plus you will find some great mentors and friends along the way.
So, what is it all about? Here is some information that will help get you started in kicking off that application form.
What will I get out of GRIFFIN?
- Mentorship: Guidance from experienced entrepreneurs who have been there and done that.
- Space: A pod in our office among like-minded entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Program: Weekly seminars covering topics from marketing to pitching to financial projections.
- Capital: The mentors make a small seed investment and connect you to more angel investors. (GRIFFIN Teams have raised more than $6 million.)
- Community: Be right in the middle of Canberra’s largest innovation community.
- Networks: Meet and connect with the most successful entrepreneurs in Australia
What are the key dates?
18 March – Applications Open
8 April – GRIFFIN Launch Event
3 May – Applications Close
14 May – Decisions made and offers released
17 June – Program Starts
23 September – Sydney Demo Day
26 September – Canberra Demo Day
What types of ideas make it into GRIFFIN?
GRIFFIN is a sector agnostic accelerator; we take companies who are solving problems in every industry. In the past, GRIFFIN has accelerated companies in ag-tech, med-tech, construction-tech, renewables, education, retail-tech, fashion, and more.
Do I need to have a co-founder to join GRIFFIN?
GRIFFIN has successfully accelerated single founder companies, but it certainly helps to have someone else to share the load.
How many hours per week do I need to commit?
GRIFFIN will run compulsory activities every Monday during the program and will occasionally have after-hours social events that you should attend. However, you should be working on your business as much as you can manage. Innovation is hard and requires a personal commitment for it to happen.
Who is the owner of any IP that is created before, during or after GRIFFIN?
For participation in GRIFFIN, it is important that all relevant pre-existing IP is assigned to the participant’s company and any new relevant IP created during or after the program will be owned by the company.
What stage do I need to be at to apply for GRIFFIN?
GRIFFIN takes companies who have a prototype but no revenue all the way through to companies with existing products and customers.
Who are the mentors?
The GRIFFIN mentors are made up of some of Canberra’s most successful entrepreneurs and business people. If you’d like to meet some of them before the program come to our launch event on 8 April at the Canberra Innovation Network.
Need to find out more information?
Give us a call on 02 6162 1149, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or book an intro meeting.